In today’s threat landscape, organisations need robust security measures to safeguard their valuable data and systems. That’s where SIEM comes in.
SIEM stands for Security Information and Event Management. It is a comprehensive technology solution that combines security information management (SIM) and security event management (SEM) into a comprehensive system to help organisations to identify and mitigate potential security threats. However, selecting and deploying the right SIEM tool can be challenging, not to mention the cost and effort required to build and manage an in-house SIEM team.
An effective SIEM strategy combines multi-layered threat protection with industry wide intelligence and expert cyber analyst expertise. It can be daunting to select and deploy the right SIEM tool, and expensive to recruit, train, build and manage your own in-house team to undertake the SIEM monitoring. That’s why many organisations are now choosing to outsource their SIEM activity to a MSSP (Managed Security Services Provider) such as Infosec Partners.
By contracting out SIEM management to an external cyber security services partner, your organisation will be able to realise several strategic benefits. Whilst the primary business case for outsourcing SIEM management may centre on improving your cyber security posture for less, the advantages and benefits of a Managed SIEM Service go beyond that. From assisting in vendor/platform selection, to fast deployment, to fostering a flexible and agile relationship, your organisation can leverage tremendous value from an MSSP offering a Managed SIEM Service.
The top 10 benefits of a Managed SIEM Service
- Seamless integration, including knowledge of how to deploy anywhere in order to collect data from diverse vendor/device sources – including endpoints, servers, networks and clouds
- Provides 24/7 network monitoring and alerts, giving early warning of possible security breaches across the network
- Delivers proactive threat hunting, looks for hidden threats that are lurking undetected in a network
- Delivers real time incident management and remediation, reducing the impact of any threats and their impact on operations
- Helps you to stay compliant, satisfies PCI DSS, GDPR, ISO monitoring and reporting requirements, in one central location
- Easy and fast to deploy, both for onsite and virtual installations.
- Scalable service that can flex with your business, from SIEM as a Service which can be set up in days, all the way to a fully scoped, architectured and outsourced SIEM Managed Service by vendor certified SIEM engineers, and of course tailored and tandem options in between
- Utilises industry leading threat intelligence fed from platform sensors, coupled with insights from highly skilled cyber security analysts
- Leverages specialist cyber security MSSP expertise, compliments and expands any inhouse cyber security resource
- Increases business efficiency as reduces load on internal teams and frees up your business to concentrate on your primary business
As a long established MSSP, we have extensive experience in managing SIEM Services for a wide range of clients of all sizes. In addition, to give you the best possible protection our team of experts can deploy and manage the best security technologies, such as the FortiSIEM solution from industry leaders Fortinet.
Don’t compromise on your cyber security. Connect with our team of experts to learn more about the advantages of a Managed SIEM Service.