Mark Oakton – Infosec Partners Security Director & CISO
Mark has responsibility for leading the UK Security & Compliance practice.
He has over 20 years experience in the field of technology risk, audit, information and physical security. He has worked with a broad range of clients in a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Energy, Broadcast media and central Government. He has a track record of delivering significant security transformation programmes within end user environments as well as developing enterprise security strategies and appropriate organisational designs.
Mark has experience of providing guidance at the highest level of Government on security and intelligence issues. He has a proven capability of delivering to clients in areas of:
- Security organisation development
- Embedding risk management within technology delivery
- Information assurance services
- Enterprise wide systems security architecture design
- Guidance on compliance with legal & regulatory requirements
- Security in large scale IT transformation programmes
Mark has regularly provided expert opinion on security matters at the Guardian round table events, SC magazine reviews and other Industry and media publications.
- CESG, CLAS consultant (Certified listed advisor scheme)
- CISSP (Certified Information systems security professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor (British Standards Institute)
- Reviewing the organisation, management and capability of the Group Security function for one of the world largest insurance companies.
- Undertaking assessment against ISO 27001 and COBIT, developing a Group wide security strategy and risk based remediation programme to address identified areas of weakness and compliance
- Establishing a Group Security function withina FTSE top 20 company and managing teams with corporate responsibility for all IT security consultancy, operations, policy and business continuity.
- Led the development of a strategic security framework for electronic payments that enables the transfer of funds into the UK clearing system over multiple PKI schemes.
In the Press
The Superyacht Industry is Falling Behind on Cyber Security
Mark Oakton speaks at the Superyacht Design Festival – Boat international