The immediate and long term impact of security breaches and cyber attacks have been well documented, particularly over the past year where we’ve seen a significant rise of attacks on the back of the global pandemic.
From employee downtime and blocked access to systems and digital assets, to the longer term effect of reputational damage, heavy fines, and customer mistrust, cyber attacks can destroy your business, especially if you don’t act fast to limit the consequences.
Whilst prevention is always better than a cure, it’s critical that businesses also have a plan in place to minimise both short term disruption and long term damage in the event of a breach.
With Cybersecurity now being a core responsibility for all businesses, companies need to allocate resources for their IT security and ensure they have the right expertise in place.
CTO’s, CIO’s and IT Managers face a myriad of challenges including business transformation, digitisation, IOT, regulations and legislation, all whilst maximising resources – budget, headcount and time.
MSSPs are the security guards of your network
This is where Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) come into play. Consider MSSPs to be the security guards for your IT networks and infrastructure, standing watch, checking access rights, keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity, responding quickly to incidents, limiting damage, and plugging security holes. You can read more about what is an MSSP in a previous blog post.
A genuine MSSP will offer a full range of specialist security services, including cyber-consultancy and managed cyber-security. They will assess your risks and advise you on what your company requires, then work with you to implement and, if necessary, manage cyber security solutions.
Benefits of employing an MSSP
Let’s take a look at the benefits of outsourcing your cyber security to an MSSP:
- They provide independent cyber-security advice.
- They have best in class intelligence in one of the fastest moving sectors today.
- They extend your team, providing access to fully trained and experienced cyber professionals.
- They relieve the pressure of hiring expensive expertise in a highly competitive marketplace where there is a major skills shortage.
- They provide round the clock support, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- They provide a more cost effective way to access expertise – lowering both staff and overhead costs.
- They scan the marketplace for the best and latest security solutions.
- They utilise their vendor relationships and purchasing power so that you get the best value for your money.
- They are experienced in integrating solutions with your existing infrastructure.
- They provide advanced solutions – such as threat hunting and decoy & deception.
- They are flexible, and support scalability – both up and down as the business evolves.
- They give you more time to focus on your business.
Minimise cost and maximise your cyber security efficiency
Sounds expensive right? Well no. Just the staff cost savings alone make hiring an MSSP worthwhile. And when you look at how much they can save your organisation in the event of a breach, it’s definitely money well spent.
Put simply, can you afford not to work with an MSSP?
If you are looking to minimise costs and maximise efficiency, now might just be the right time for you to re-evaluate your cyber security arrangements. Please get in touch with the Infosec Partners team for an informal chat about your cyber security needs.