Don't be held to ransom
How safe are you from ransomware?
Currently the most prevalent money-making scheme employed by cyber-criminals, the rise of ransomware has been astonishing.
- 34% of businesses hit with ransomware demands took more than a week to regain access to their data. (Source: Kaspersky)
- Ransomware costs global business more than $75 billion per year. (Source: Datto)
- The average cost of a ransomware attack to a business was $133,000. (Source: Sophos)
- Over 25% of companies surveyed said they would pay more than $20,000 to cyber criminals to retrieve data that had been stolen. (Source: IBM)
- Almost half of all ransomware attaks reported in 2018 were targetted at healthcare organisations. (Source: Beazley)
Ransomware quick facts
|Ransomware is type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system, files or system functions until a sum of money (the ransom) is paid by the victim.|
|Ransomware is spread by Email (spam, phishing), through compromised websites and other malware (blended attacks).|
|Effective protection from ransomware requires a combination of next generation antivirus, an advanced threat protection platform, effective security awareness and a well rehearsed cyber incident response programme.|
You've already been hit by a ransomware attack?
Infosec Partners' cyber incident and emergency response team can help. We'll make sure the threat is identified, contained and eradicated quickly to minimise any impact to you, your business and customers. Our forensics experts can help identify the cause of the attack, allowing you to identify any security vulnerabilities. We can then help you stay protected against future ransomware attacks, and make sure you have an effective programme of prevention, prediction, identification and recovery.