Cyber Threats to the Retail Sector
The growth in the retail sector has brought increased threats and cyber attacks
The retail sector remains among the top industries to be targeted by cyber attacks with organised criminal activity on the rise both in-store and online. The growth in the online sector sped up significantly due to the global pandemic – online shopping surged 30% amid the 2020 restrictions, and whilst this is great news for e-commerce retailers, it represents a huge opportunity for attackers and hackers.
- Ensure compliance: meet wide-ranging regulations and legislation
- Assess and test your systems and processes: assess and test your ability to deal with a range of cyber attacks
- Be better prepared: a full spectrum of managed security services to keep your organisation and customers cyber secure
- Trusted and retail experienced: we have a strong track record of protecting online and high street retailers from cyber attacks
Comprehensive security to mitigate a myriad of risks and retail cyber attacks
As disruptive cyber attacks have become more common with the growth of online retailing, the retail sector faces significant challenges with regard to cyber security and cyber attacks. From credit card fraud, DDoS, credential stuffing, the rise of fake reviews, ransomware, and the theft of data, the threats are both varied and continuous. Cyber security impacts all areas of the supply chain too, from sourcing and logistics to merchandising, POS and aftercare, opening up a myriad of avenues to attack. For data breaches alone, 2020 saw nearly 400 million customer records exposed through attacks on retail companies (source Bloomberg).
To protect themselves and their retail customers from cyber attacks, retailers need comprehensive yet cost-effective cybersecurity solutions to mitigate risk to their business and prevent the financial and reputational damage created by a breach.
- Ensure you are compliant: with rapidly escalating and continuously evolving cyber threats, being able to identify, adjust, and react to security risks has never been more important to regulators. From complying with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS), to satisfy the needs of GDPR regulations and ISO standards, retailers are under more pressure than ever to keep customer information secure and comply with legislation.
- Testing your system and processes: web application attacks pose one of the greatest risks to both online and offline retailers. Both customer-facing and internal web-based applications are an easy target for hackers who can exploit vulnerabilities in these business-critical applications and gain access to backend corporate databases. We can help you to build security into your operations. From a cyber attack readiness assessment to penetration testing, we assess your ability to deal with cyber attacks.
- Protecting your assets, supply chain, customers and reputation: we offer a range of managed security services designed to complement your internal team or as a primary outsources partner. From managing your wifi networks to taking control of incidents, we are a managed security services innovator and partner offering a full spectrum of services to boost your security capabilities.
Expert advice from our trusted team of security experts
As trusted advisors to significant organisations, with a track record of protecting online and high street retailers from retail cyber attacks, Infosec Partners help ensure that you remain open and secure:
- Highly skilled and experienced security analysts and threat intelligence personnel
- Our global managed security services have achieved ISO 27001 certification
- Established and trusted with 15+ years of experience implementing mission-critical data security, risk, and compliance programs
- We are technology and vendor agnostic and we will always recommend the best solution for you
- We are one of the few managed security service providers to deliver full-spectrum security whilst supporting any-vendor any-device