Cyber Essentials PLUS assurance scheme
Extend your Cyber Essential Certification with Cyber Essentials PLUS
Cyber Essentials PLUS is the highest level of certification offered under the Cyber Essentials scheme. Cyber Essentials is a simple but effective government-backed certification scheme, managed by the NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre), designed to help businesses of all sizes protect themselves from the most common cyber threats.
Like the standard self-certification Cyber Essentials scheme, this extended certification also covers the 5 core areas of cyber security to protect businesses from the most common cyber attacks.
However the Cyber Essentials PLUS certification involves a more rigorous hands-on verification of an organisation’s cyber security systems. A series of tests and vulnerability scans are undertaken by our trained cyber security assessors, to confirm that all controls declared in Cyber Essentials self-assessment are implemented on your organisations network.
Certification will not only give you complete peace of mind that your cyber security is up to scratch, your customers will also be assured that you take their security seriously.
About Cyber Essentials PLUS
Cyber Essentials PLUS helps you to guard your organisation against cyber attacks plus gives reassurance to your stakeholders that your organisation is serious about cyber security:
- All organisations MUST have Cyber Essentials Verified Self-Assessed certification dated within 3 months prior to applying, alternatively, you can complete the online Cyber Essentials self-assessment as part of the Cyber Essentials PLUS certification.
- The cost of an assessment will depend on the size and complexity of your network.
- Assessment tests and vulnerability scans can be undertaken remotely or on-site.
- An assessor from Infosec Partners will often have to visit your head office and a representative sample of your other offices in order to carry out the tests.
- If remediation of issues is required, you have 30 days to undertake to avoid resubmission fees. Failure to complete remediation in this time will result in a fail.
- You will need to renew your certificate annually as it expires after twelve months.
Get Cyber Essentials PLUS Certification
Licensed by The IASME Consortium, as a certification body we support organisations of all sizes to achieve a good baseline level of cyber security that meets the requirements of the schemes.
Our security experts are accredited Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials PLUS Assessors. We can also act as consultants to help you achieve the certification.
We can help take the stress out of achieving Cyber Essentials PLUS
If you are unsure if your organisation has achieved the required standards for Cyber Essentials PLUS, InfoSec Partners offers consultancy support to help you through the process:
- We can perform a pre-audit of your network to ensure that all controls declared in Cyber Essentials self-assessment are implemented on your organisations network.
- We gain an understanding of your current posture and identify any gaps.
- Our experienced industry experts will advise and consult on best practices and any changes required to achieve Cyber Essentials PLUS certification.
- Once we feel your organisation is ready we would then arrange the final audit, giving peace of mind that you will pass.