Endpoint ProtectionEndpoint Protection
“Endpoint security is undergoing a major renaissance with a new generation of products and services that flip the equation from the antivirus software mantra of prevention to the more pragmatic — and realistic — tactic of detection and incident response at the user device,” said Dark Reading’s Kelly Jackson Higgins, in her article describing the shift of the endpoint market from antivirus to endpoint detection and response platforms and the plethora of emerging players in this category.
However, “buyers are overwhelmed by all these choices, finding it difficult to differentiate between vendors,” said Holland. “You want to make the right choice. Whether you’re looking to complement your traditional antivirus, or if you’d like to move completely off the antivirus wagon, you need to know the right set of criteria to be able to judge the fit of the various platforms.”
What's in Endpoint Protection solution?
The enterprise endpoint protection platform (EPP) is an integrated solution that has the following capabilities:
- ○ Anti-malware
- ○ Personal firewall
- ○ Port and device control
- ○ EPP solutions will also often include:
- ○ Vulnerability assessment
- ○ Application control and application sandboxing
- ○ Enterprise mobility management (EMM), typically in a parallel non-integrated product
- ○ Memory protection
- ○ Behavioral monitoring of application code
- ○ Endpoint detection and remediation technology
- ○ Full-disk and file encryption, also known as mobile data protection
- ○ Endpoint data loss prevention (DLP)
Contact us arrange an appointment
For assistance and advice or to find out please contact us today to speak with a consultant.
0845 257 5903 in the UK
+44 1256 893662 from outside UK
By email firstname.lastname@example.org
Infosec Partners Ltd. Registered in England, company number 05380851