Digital transformation has enabled the ‘move to the cloud’, and as a result organisations are increasingly reliant on cloud based services, apps and infrastructures.
However, rapidly expanding and evolving cloud networks bring new edges to secure, and with this comes the risk that organisations may end up with diverse and disparate security controls in place across their network, increasing their vulnerability to cyber attacks.
The challenges of securing modern cloud networks
Modern networks are diverse, often comprising multiple environments, and securing each network independently can:
- Decrease cross platform visibility
- Be complex and time consuming to manage
- Make enforcement of consistent policies harder
- Leave network edges unsecured
- Fail to deliver a unified prevention, detection and response strategy
All of these challenges increase the risk of cyber security breaches.
Why an adaptive cloud security solution is essential
An adaptive cloud security solution brings comprehensive protection that covers an organisation’s whole ecosystem:
- Flexes with the organisation as it evolves due to changing business requirements and technologies
- Secures all endpoints, data, devices, applications and services regardless of location, scale and purpose
- Enables broad, integrated and automated capabilities for hybrid networks
- Provides unified protection without sacrificing performance and user experience
- Gives a consolidated picture via a single interface
The core components of an adaptive cloud solution
Whilst an adaptive cloud security solution will be tailored to an organisation’s needs, there are some key components that when integrated will deliver comprehensive and consistent cyber protection across an entire network, in particular:
- Next Generation Firewalls: NGFWs deliver security for any edge at any scale with full visibility and threat protection. Providing intrusion protection, they stop malware, ransomware, command-and-control attacks, and other hidden threats across the entire IT infrastructure.
- Secure SD-WAN: Offering significant cost savings, high-speed application performance and unified communication services, SD-WAN securely leverages WAN and multi-cloud connectivity.
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solution: a SASE solution offers a scalable and centralised way to extend security capabilities to all endpoints across the network. SASE provides visibility, management and consistent protection across every network edge, supporting and securing users and devices wherever they are located.
- Network Access Control: A Network Access Control (NAC) solution ensures compliance for all devices connecting to networks. Users and devices are profiled and assigned appropriate levels of access, they are then limited to where they can go on the network. They are checked and authorised, every time, before they are granted access to data, applications and systems. With a NAC solution responses to access requests are automated, with reaction times in seconds.
Adaptive Cloud Solutions Provide A Zero Trust Network Approach
An adaptive cloud solution provides a dynamic zero trust approach (ZTNA), extending security capabilities, visibility, control and management to all endpoints, applications, users and devices across an entire network.
Complex cloud environments require specialist cyber expertise
As an established cyber security specialist we have strong relationships with market leading solution providers such as Fortinet.
As the most qualified Fortinet partner in the world, we have demonstrated consistently that we can be trusted to skillfully deliver the full range of Fortinet solutions, including across complex deployments.
Fortinet have recognised Infosec Partners as having specific expertise in cloud and integrated solutions, giving your organisation peace of mind that they will benefit from the best cloud security technology coupled with the highest levels cyber expertise and support.